Memorandum of undersatnding between the Government of the Portuguese Republic and the Government of Australia on WORK AND HOLIDAY ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUTH MOBILITY
This Memorandum of Undertanding establishes a framework for the cooperation between the Sgnatories for the grant of visas/permits to facilitate the mobility of young citizens to work and holiday in their respective countries, in accordance with the internal law of the States of the Signatories.
You might be able to get this temporary visa if you:
- Be an Australian citizen and hold a valid australian passort;
- Be between eighteen (18) and thirty-one (31) years of age inclusive, on the date of the application;
- Will not be accompanied by dependent children;
- Possess sufficient financial resources to support travel and the duration of their stay, including proof of return ticket or proof of means of subsistence;
- Hold a travel insurance and health insurance valid for the duration of the stay covering hospital costs and medical repatriation;
- Have no criminal record and allow criminal record verification;
- Hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
- Have a level of proficiency of Portuguese which is assessed as at least functional;
- Provide a letter from the relevant ministry and a signed solemn statement.
Additional conditions to be fulfilled:
- Not have previously taken part in the Program;
- Staying for over 12 months will not be allowed;
- Work is incidental to the holiday. Participants cannot work for more than six (6) months or have a permanent work contract;
- The participation in training courses or professional development courses is allowed for the duration of up to four (4) months.
Forms are available here.
Visa Cost: $180,45 AUD (payable by Money Order or Bank Transfer if request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Processing Times: Up to 30 days.
Address to send the documents: Level 17, 55 Clarence Street, Sydney N.S.W. 2000.
Note: An exemption of interview can be requested if a proof of the level of profiency of Portuguese, assessed as functional, is provided along with the application. There is no guarantee that a visa will be issued and that additional information and/or documents may not be required.
◊ If you hold a current Australian driving licence and require to drive in Portugal, please click here for more information.